Thursday 15 July 2010

Photog Quals

C and G Quals and Diplomas

Mr Steve is enquiring  to see what courses photog students would like to study in September.

Jim and myself have been chatting and have found these courses on the C and G site(see link at bottom of blog)


There are two Diplomas amongst these courses,one at level 3 and one at level 4. The level 3 diploma is shown below. Jim and I would like to study for this qual as you only need to complete 6 modules. All of our old level 3 class have already completed 3 of these 6 modules (306,307 and 211) so we would only need to complete 3 more additional modules to achieve this diploma

You can also view the more advanced diploma at level 4,but this qual needs 12 completed modules

If anybody is interested in this qual or others from the site we can ask Mr Steve or Chris Beech if they can put them on,please let me know your thoughts?

7512-03 Level 3 Diploma in Photography and Photo Imaging 290 GLH 42 credits



Mandatory units


Unit 205 Photo imaging equipment and materials 30 5


Unit 310 Photo image output 60 8


Unit 211 Photo image presentation 30 5


Unit 212 Working to a photo imaging project brief 30 4


Optional units: two from 305-307


Unit 305 Photo image capture 70 10


Unit 306 Studio photography 70 10


Unit 307 Location photography 70 10


Copy this link into your browsers to view the quals

http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/VRQ_level_3_VRQ_in_Photo_Imaging_7512.handbook_V11(1).pdf




7 comments:

  1. Hi I'm in! yep I would like to do level 3 studio this time as when I did it last year I did'nt feel I got to grips with the lighting as well as I'd liked to.
    Should I contact college soon and join up?
    Thanks for contacting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy,tell Mr Steve what course you would like to do or ask him what's on offer. It's best if you blog him on the city and guilds photography course's blogs. He's hard to contact in college as he's on hols now. I wouldn't contact college yet because only Mr Steve and Chris Beech will know what courses are running

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve, yes I am looking to take the level 3 diploma. When I spoke to Chris on the open night he confirmed that all the modules were now available. I will post a blog on my course blogg to confirm my interest, which for Jim's reference is http://cg7511-peteremery.blogspot.com/.

    Well done to all on their results

    ReplyDelete
  4. These courses are way too expensive for those of us who have to pay. Presumably there will be no delivered learning as they are "assignment based." I feel this is a total cop out and is entirely dependent on the strengths and teamwork of the participants. (Thanks for your help tho, guys)
    The blog is only a way of recording learning not delivering tuition (see Steve's previous blog from last term.)
    I'm only interested if there is a detailed course outline, not the partially sighted leading the blind.
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. I aggree with you Pip there should be more tuition and guidance but this is how modern courses are run nowadays.Have you spoken to Mr steve about your concern?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much is the bill for these? For those of us mugs that cough up reddies for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Thanks for all your comments and steve for circulating the info.
    I as always will try to take on board your concerns and try to address them.
    I am hoping to have the courses taking shape and with cost very soon.
    I dearly want to keep the gang together and at the same time give you what you need as regards courses.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete